So this running thing, it is still going pretty well. I am only one run away from completing Week 3 of the Couch to 5K program.
Of course, this is about where I stalled on Week 2, three times over. One run left to do, and can’t be arsed to bother. Something comes up (or down, in the case of rain) and I just end up neglecting my sneakers in the closet.
Then I don’t run for four or five days, and I need to start that week again.
So far getting over the hump last time was made easier because I’d just started using the nike+ipod setup. It’s just really damn cool to have run data collected and be able to upload it and track my progress. Not only feeling like each run is a bit easier, but having evidence that I’m improving my time per km and seeing the cumulative distance rack up is also making a difference.
But today… ohhhhhhhhhhh today. And I am so right there again today. I’ve been doing so well for so long, and today I’m just all gaaaaaaaaaaah I don’t wanna.
– I am tired.
– I am bloated.
– It is raining.
– My right hip-flexor is being all tweaky and weird.
– Things at home need unpacking/cleaning/putting away.
– I’m sick of that particular workout (5min warmup, run 90s, walk 90s, run 180s, walk 180s, run 90s, walk 90s, run 180s, 5min cooldown).
– I hate the music on that particular Couch-to-5K podcast.
– I set a goal on nikeplus.com to run 24 times in 8 weeks – so far it’s telling me I’m 2 runs behind – and I’m feeling like more of a miserable failure instead of any sort of motivation to work on bringing that back up to even.
So, gentle readers, this is where I ask for your help. I want to do this run. At least, some little part of me does. Help convince the rest of me that it would be a good idea! Leave some sort of motivating reason for me to run tonight in the comments. Please?
– My iPod battery is almost dead
– My favourite running socks are dirty
– I can do it tomorrow….