Apparently when they say “don’t overheat the magic bag” they aren’t kidding. I tossed mine in the microwave for about 6 minutes (instructions recommend 2 minutes max) figuring it’d just be really hot when it came out.
Apparently if you do that, they will burn. It didn’t start on fire, but now the entire apartment smells like burnt something. Not quite toast, not quite popcorn.
At least I know it’s the magic bag, and I’m not having a stroke. And on the upside, my doctor was able to see me this afternoon, and I’m feeling much, much better.