UPDATE: Congratulations, dearheart won!
Watch out Jeff Probst – I’ve got a game for you!
I referred earlier to the best party mix cd ever – and I’ll share the titles of the musical goodness here for you.
But I was thinking, let’s make this a little more exciting; let’s make this a contest!
In the extended entry, I’m going to put a lyrical phrase from each song (it’ll be a poignant one, not something obscure like the 3rd line from the 2nd verse), and you guess the answers (title and artist) in the comments.
Some will definitely be easier than others, but they’re all pretty easy to figure out if you know your stuff. Most of them are the first few words of each song, if that helps.
First commenter to get them all correct wins a prize! A copy of the CD, and a beer (or something, if you don’t like beer), courtesy of me.
1. Words of violence break the silence, come crashing in, into my little world
2. You let me violate you, you let me desecrate you, you let me penetrate you, you let me complicate you
3. He don’t understand you like I do, cuz he’ll never make love to you like I do, so give it to me
4. A pigeon is a girl who be walkin’ by my ramped up blue brand new sparklin’ five, her feet hurt so you know she want a ride, but she frontin’ like she can’t say hi
5. There were funky China men, from funky China town
6. Talking away, I don’t know what, what to say, I’ll say it anyway
7. Unemployment at a record high, people coming, people going, people born to die. Don’t ask me because I don’t know why **hint** Jason Nevins Remix
8. Every time I think of you I get shot right through with a bolt of blue
9. Won’t you come see about me, I’ll be alone, dancing, you know it baby. Tell me your troubles and doubts, given everything, inside and out
10. I don’t care if Monday’s blue, Tuesday’s grey and Wednesday too
11. When I’m out walkin’ I strut my stuff and I’m so strung out
12. You’ll have to excuse me I’m not at my best, I’ve been gone for a month, I’ve been drunk since I left
13. Is this where I come in, when your head is in your hands, you’d rather be alone, if you do I understand
14. **Cover of song #1 – name the local to Vancouver artist who covered it.
15. See the storm set in your eyes, see the thorn twist in your side, I’ll wait for you. Slight of hand and twist of fate, on a bed of nails she makes me wait, and I’ll wait, without you