Because I’m feeling random like that
1. I don’t know if it was the full moon or what, but the dog decided last night that bedtime was a great time to go apeshit, and she tore around the bedroom at full speed, pausing only do to her crazy doggie doofus dance (picture bouncing repeatedly up on hind legs and waving front paws around while making growly, howly noises) for a good 8 minutes. It’s probably the closest I’ll come to owning a cat.
2. Who’s the lucky girl that got fresh apple-cinnamon muffins in bed this morning? Oh yes, that’d be me. Too bad an avalanche of metal baking trays cascading to the floor at 6:15am ruined the surprise!
3. My hands are suddenly, randomly covered in freckles. Just my hands. They appeared all at once about a week ago. Anyone care to play doctor internet and explain that?
4. My dill plant is taking over everything. Do you want some Dill? Come on over and get some. I’m going to have to do some serious bushwacking on it before it completely annexes the parsley.
5. Despite wanting to have one for the past two years, finally having a piano here makes me much happier than I initially thought it would. This is a good thing. I will probably now go blow the rent money on new sheet music, because playing “Kiss From A Rose” and the “Theme from Mission Impossible” over and over and over is growing old.
6. Facebook is completely unimpressive and uninspiring. I am on there because, as Grant pointed out in my comments, people are insisting on using it to plan events and keep in touch. But I’m a bit baffled at those who can spend hours on the site. Really – what are you doing on there?
7. I think the most disappointing part of our condo being delayed until December is the extra 6 or 7 months we’re going to have to live with this couch. It’s my “free from the parents’ basement so it’ll do college furniture” couch, and it’s creaky and ugly and old. I have dreams of a clean-lined sectional in microsuede.
8. I really want a yogurt maker. Does anyone know where to get one that doesn’t look like a spaceship and have the price-tag to match?
9. I’ve found the best summer makeup product, perhaps ever. Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector. The only thing that keeps me from re-enacting the Exxon Valdez on my forehead by 3:00pm.
10. I know no one cares what I had for lunch. But I had a gigantic organic tomato covered in coarse salt, and a Rosemary Rocksalt bagel, and people – it was spectacular.
11. Plus, I totally don’t have 13 interesting things to share.
12. Someone came over the other night and exclaimed their surprise at our half-dozen bottles of Sawmill Creek in the wine fridge. Believe me, I’m not too proud to drink the cheap stuff. If we had Trader Joe’s here, I’d totally be drinking Two-Buck-Chuck. Sure, we know and like good wine – but there’s certainly stuff out there that’s inexpensive and drinkable (if not interesting), and the Sawmill Creek varietals happen to be one of them.
13.This entire entry is an excuse for procrastination on a project I really should be working on. And now that the list done, I think I’ll go finish said project.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants