It’s really about damn time I did this. And it only took me 3 days.
Last Update: May 29, 2006
1. My name is Jennifer, or Jen
2. Only 3 people in this world can get away with calling me Jenny
3. You are not one of them
4. I’ve got 2 brothers
5. Who are twins
6. We didn’t really get along for the first 22 years of my life
7. Things are much better now that we’re all old enough to drink together
8. I’ve lived in the Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley area of BC my entire life
9. My family did a lot of camping when I was younger
10. I saw most of mainland BC south of Prince George, and South Eastern Vancouver Island that way
11. I’ve also been to Edmonton and Calgary
12. And Seattle
13. And Disneyland
that’s IT! Miami, Grand Cayman and Korea
really still want to travel more
I’m hoping to start that off with a trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras 2006 Taking both of those trips this year blew the travel budget for the rest of ’06
And a trip to Prague that spring or summer Prague is still on the list – though so is Italy, Brazil, New Zeland, Holland, Thailand, the Maldives….
So far I’m planning on travelling alone I took my first trip (to the Caymans) alone, and went to Korea with my boyfriend.
19. That idea used to totally freak me out
20. But recently I’ve really grown to like the idea of hanging out with me, myself, and I (still do!)
21. It only took me 24 years to get to the point of liking myself that much
22. I was born on Sunday, July 27th, 1980
23. Most people think I’m older than I am
24. I’m still young enough to be ok with that
25. I moved out of my parents’ house when I was 19
26. My relationship with them has gotten steadily better since then
27. I still start acting like a teenager if I visit them for more than 5 days at a time
28. My parents have been married nearly 27 years
29. No, I’m not a bastard.
30. There were nearly 11 months between their wedding and my birth.
31. Nobody in my immediate family, or their immediate families (parents, aunts/uncles, grandparents, cousins) has evern been divorced.
32. And not even for religious reasons
33. They just got it right the first time
34. This has left me with some Ridiculously High Standards when it comes to men
35. You can read about some of them here
I’ve been single for about a year I was single from August 24, 2004 until March 16, 2006.
37. It’s the longest I’ve been single at once stretch since I discovered boys
38. It’s the most fun I’ve had in a long time
I’m currently on my way to maybe not being single Nope, definitely still single My boyfriend’s (see point 18) name is Neil, and he’s swell.
I’d be ok with that. Though I’d still like to find someone special – wouldn’t we all? And I’m ok saying that I’d be pretty damn crushed if we broke up.
I’d also be ok with still being single I daresay he may even be “the one.”
Because boys make you fat Especially since we actually seem to both be in better shape since getting together.
Or at least that’s the excuse I’m using It may be the marathon sex. Or all the dog walking.
44. Though nobody has ever called me fat < -- still true!
45. Except my parents
46. I’m actually grateful to them for that
47. Because I
just lost about 25lbs 35 lbs all together.
48. And now everyone tells me I look awesome
49. It makes me wonder what they thought before.
50. Phew, halfway!
51. I drink about 2 litres of water a day
52. It’s not as difficult as it sounds
53. I credit it almost solely for my current level of health
54. That, and vitamins
55. Tom Cruise would be so proud.
56. I also drink a lot of alcohol
57. But I rarely get drunk (except that one time on Cinqo de Mayo!)
58. I really hate being drunk.
59. Or out of control in any capacity
60. It makes me very nervous
61. I’m also claustrophobic
62. I used to have nightmares about being trapped underwater in public swimming pools
63. That didn’t stop me from swimming competitively for about 4 years
64. I also used to play the piano for about 10 years
65. I haven’t done either in far too long
66. I miss them both tremendously
67. Yet I don’t do anything about it.
68. I tend to need a lot of sleep
69. I can’t really handle less than 7 hours a night
70. In a perfect world, I’d get nine hours of sleep a night
71. I hate getting out of bed
72. A lot.
73. That once earned me the nickname “bruiser”
74. But I’m a total morning person
75. Few things inspire me more than a sunrise
76. Speaking of the sun, I also like stars
77. I try to go to a place where the city lights aren’t present to obscure the view at least once a year
78. I haven’t gone this year yet.
79. I own a very far-away star in the constellation Leo
80. It was a birthday gift
81. From the same guy who called me bruiser
82. I drink a lot of coffee
83. About a litre a day
84. If I don’t drink it I’ll get a migraine
85. I never used to believe people who said they got migraines
86. I didn’t understand what was so bad about a bad headache
87. Until I got one
88. Sorry, migraine sufferers. They really do suck.
89. I have very expensive tastes
90. Coming from the middlest of middle class families, I’m not sure where that came from
91. Some people think that makes me high maintenance
92. It doesn’t.
93. I’ll pay for my own fois gras if it makes you feel better
94. And the expensive liquor
95. I’ve just become accustomed to stuff that doesn’t suck
96. I’m kindof surprised I’m almost done with this list
97. Now, how to wrap this up?
98. If you read this far, you should get a prize
99. How about my undying love and admiration?
100. I thought you’d like that 🙂