Check it out, the top 50 things every foodie should do!
Admittedly, I haven’t done many of them. Mine include:
3) Dismember a chicken – not as difficult as it looks. The secret is having a really kickass cleaver and a good, strong, unapologetic chop!
13) Learn how to make a dry martini – the benefits of bartending school.
25) Sniff a white truffle – this one only half counts, because it wasn’t a truffle, but truffle oil.
29) Pod fresh peas – I even grew them my own self
33) Catch your own dinner – actually, I fished at 5:00am and had trout & eggs for breakfast. The idea is the same though.
40) Bake a loaf of bread – no breadmaker cheating! If the weather stays this icky, I may do it again sometime this week. Few things beat fresh homemade bread.
48) Milk a cow – family friends used to have a dairy farm. It’s a pretty cool sensation, but unpasteurized milk tastes “udderly” disgusting (ha ha).
Looks like I have some serious catching up to do in order to maintain my self-declared foodie status!